DO SOMETHING GREAT
Senior Int. Project Manager for E-fuels
Hy2gen Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of genders, nationality and culture.
Hy2gen Group business consists of the developing, building, owning and operating electrolyzer facilities
for the production of green hydrogen and green hydrogen-based e-fuels such as methanol, jet-fuel and ammonia.
Being founded in 2017, Hy2gen is working toward the leading position in the green hydrogen market. Currently, Hy2gen’s project pipeline has reached 11 Gigawatts of electrolyzer capacity with the 6 main production plants located in Canada, France, Germany and Norway.
Hy2gen has a unique blend of expertise in business development, marketing, technology and operations in the renewable energy sector.
A unique place to work
Hy2gen Group is a workplace like no other. It is at once a start-up, an expert network and a stage for growth.
Hy2gen is where people pioneer new approaches and strategies, challenge old ways and learn new ones. It is entrepreneurial – a stimulating learning environment for our employees.
Hy2gen employees will all be eligible to a bonus plan, to directly profit from the success of their work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Activity and resource planning;
- Organizing and coordinating the project teams;
- Controlling time management;
- Cost estimating and developing the budget;
- Analyzing and managing project risks;
- Monitoring progress; and
- Continuing professional development.
- Activity and resource planning:
- Full project lifecycle ownership: ensure that projects are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Design upgrade and implement all intricate details of project plans.
- Monitor all project management activities, prepare and implement plans to prepare reports for projects.
- Coordinate with engineering team to upgrade turnkey engineering packages.
- Organizing and coordinate the project teams:
- Provide leadership for project teams by building, coordinating and motivating team members to meet projects goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Manage all communication with senior level management (Board of Directors) on behalf of various project teams.
- Oversee all project management meetings with customer, engineers, sales and contractors.
- Controlling time management:
- Manage communication with various manufacturers and technology suppliers to meet all requirements for projects.
- Assist all logistics personnel to determine shipping list and develop efficient database within timeframe.
- Cost estimating and developing the budget:
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes.
- Participate in various financial management programs inclusive of expenses, budgetary plans and profits.
- Manage technical due diligence in evaluation of investment cases.
- Analyzing and managing project risks:
- Oversee formulation of quality assurance programs and time management devices and associated strategies.
- Collaborate with cost control personnel to detect cost related issues during project financial implementation.
- Act as an internal quality control check for the projects.
- Monitoring progress:
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Monitor progression of all project plan and recommend improvements to management programs on regular basis.
- Continue professional development
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices.
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices.
- Excellent leadership and strong experience presenting to investors and stakeholders (written, verbal and presentation), as well as demonstrated communication skills (both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management).
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork and innovation.
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Experience in successfully leading projects to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding teams accountable for performance.
- Team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Support diverse and inclusive work environment.
Required skills and experience
- Master’s degree from relevant fields, e.g., electrochemistry, chemical engineering, industrial economics
- Minimum 10 years of progressive professional work experience in electrochemistry and/or chemical engineering – related plant investments projects (engineering, commissioning, startup, operations).
- Hands-on experience in design, monitor and evaluation of development projects.
- 7+ years of project management.
- 5+ years of experience with full project lifecycle with understanding of development phases and various technology methodologies supporting that lifecycle.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective.
- Fluency in English, both written and presentation skills.
- Technical competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Projects and SmartSheet.
How to apply
Please apply directly online.
- Send your application in English.
- Don’t apply by post.
All inquiries regarding the application process should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.