DO SOMETHING GREAT
Hy2gen business purpose is developing and operating electrolyzer facilities for the production of green hydrogen and hydrogen-based feedstocks such as bio-methanol, bio-methane and ammonia. Green hydrogen produced by Hy2gen AG by means of Alkaline electrolysis or polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM).
Being founded in 2017 by a group of companies and individuals, we aim to become the leader in the green hydrogen and e-fuels market for mobility and industry, areas where it is currently proving difficult to significantly reduce emissions. Hy2gen AG already has a project pipeline for over 1.1 gigawatts of electrolyser capacity (74,000 tons of CO2-free hydrogen per year from renewable energies or, in other words, an annual saving of 810,000 tons of CO2 in comparison with the conventional production of hydrogen). As of today, no hydrogen producer has reached this scale.
Hy2gen has a unique blend of expertise in business development, marketing, technology and operations for hydrogen and renewable energy projects. We developed several green hydrogen projects which resulted in the establishment of Hy2gen Norway AS, Hy2gen Canada Inc. and Hy2gen France SAS.
The main objective of the Engineer is to support Hy2gen AG to develop comprehensive project plans and technical solutions that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various suppliers and technical engineering companies during initial development of the project.
Essential duties and responsibilities including the following. Other duties maybe assigned.
- Assessing project requirements
- Defining preliminary CAPEX / OPEX overviews based on obtained budgetary offers from various potential suppliers
- Defining preliminary scope of work, preliminary schedule and related layout, drawings, etc. to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline
- Measuring the performance of mechanical components and engines
- Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
- Liaising with suppliers
- Undertaking relevant research
- Producing and implementing test procedures
- Presenting designs to managers and clients
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Anticipating details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
Education and experience
Education: BS in mechanical engineering. Master degree is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience preferably in project-based engineering functions and mechanical assemblies engineering in the area of:
- Hydrogen and/or fuel cells
- Industrial gas
- Cryogenic Industry
- High Pressure Systems (250 Bar and up)
- Gas processing and/or dispensing equipment
- Oil and gas, ammonia, methane, methanol, LNG, etc…
- Logistics/Material Handling
Competencies and skills
- Innovative entrepreneur
- Flexible attitude, creative and able to challenge the boundaries and to take the various internal and external parties
- Problem-solver, result-driven, positive-minded, combined with enormous enthusiasm and perseverance
- Good leadership skills that allow you to work through a project from A to Z with other teams and external stakeholders
- Interest in new technology. Strong strategic awareness and are able to integrate new technologies, solutions, concepts and ideas into tangible business opportunities
- Have a skill set in project management, that is, the administration of technical projects, planning and follow-up, budget management, contract management, purchasing etc.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams.
- Customer and solution oriented
- Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position. Such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project and Outlook
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French and German is an asset.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality provision of strategic support and advice to Hy2gen AG management team
- Timely and quality delivery of the engineering programme
- Regular interaction and establishment of joint activities and programmes with other teams
- Quality of inputs provided in formulation and implementation of new projects
- Quality and number of advocacy initiatives undertaken.
All application must include a cover letter and curriculum vitae.