DO SOMETHING GREAT
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
|Location:||Wiesbaden (Germany) / Flexible work options including remote work|
|Application deadline:||30. of May 2022|
|Type of Contract:||permanent|
|Language required:||English and German|
|Starting date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)||asap|
Hy2gen Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of genders, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Hy2gen Group business consists of the developing, building, owning and operating electrolyzer facilities for the production of green hydrogen and green hydrogen-based e-fuels such as methanol, jet-fuel and ammonia. Being founded in 2017, Hy2gen is working toward the leading position in the green hydrogen market. Currently, Hy2gen’s project pipeline has reached 11 Gigawatts of electrolyzer capacity with the 6 main production plants located in Canada, France, Germany and Norway. Hy2gen has a unique blend of expertise in business development, marketing, technology and operations in the renewable energy sector.
To support our development, we are looking for an Electrical Engineer in charge covering all reviews and support of electrical design activities for the company Headquarters in Germany as well as the projects located in various countries. The Business Developer will be part of the implementation team and will work alongside with the engineering and the country managing director.
A UNIQUE PLACE TO WORK
Hy2gen Group is a workplace like no other. It is at once a start-up, an expert network and a stage for growth. Hy2gen is where people pioneer new approaches and strategies, challenge old ways and learn new ones. It is entrepreneurial – a stimulating learning environment for our employees.
No matter where you sit in the organization, you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. Hy2gen employees are all eligible to a bonus plan, to directly profit from the success of their work.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – project directors, business developers, engineers, etc. – leading the change toward a more sustainable future. Join us and let’s get started!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Being responsible for undertaking, electrical design reviews in accordance with appropriate technical standards and specifications associated with the services and provided by the Engineering Contractor.
- Electrical design review activities are in support of the Project and development initiatives and include support to other disciplines during the engineering and procurement phases.
- Where budget bid enquires are prepared, check technically both the issuance and bid analysis that they are of the correct quality.
- Take responsibility for the engineering Contractor’s deliverables as per the Contract and ensure these are both issued for design and fully signed off by both the Contractor and Hy2gen.
- Attend factory inspections and expediting, where applicable, and ensure equipment is in fully compliance with the specifications and in time.
- Support and implement the use of Common Engineering Specifications. Where required raise the appropriate deviation requests, keeping a register with the status of such.
- Ensure that the relevant Local and International regulations are followed by the Contractor and Vendors. Ensure that the local Tie-ins and As Built documentation are reviewed correctly and correctly taken into the design.
- For all Electrical Equipment and Installations:
- Minimum 10 years of working experience of Electrical installations
- Technical experience, preferably in a maintenance or Project environment working with Contractors.
- Comprehensive Onshore Construction and investment project Experience
- Working experience in multicultural environment
- Experience of [e]fuels plants is important.
SRequired Skills / Abilities
- Proven ability to work as an effective team player
- Self-motivated with ability to supervise and motivate small team
- Willingness to travel
- High ethical standards
- Commercial understandings
- Good communication skills
- Cultural awareness
Education and Exerience
Master degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
Experience in „medium voltage“ and „high voltage“ installations
A first-level university degree in combination with additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Fluency in English, both written and presentation skills.
- Fluency in German is a plus.
- Proficient with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Position reports to: Head of Engineering at Hy2en Headquarters.
- Works closely with: Operational departments (e.g., procurement and project support unit); project management team.
How to apply
Please apply directly online.
Send your application in English.
Do not apply by post.
All inquiries regarding the application process should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.