DO SOMETHING GREAT
Senior Business Developer
Hy2gen business purpose is developing and operating electrolyzer facilities for the production of green hydrogen and hydrogen-based feedstocks such as bio-methanol, bio-methane and ammonia. Green hydrogen produced by Hy2gen AG by means of Alkaline electrolysis or polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM).
Being founded in 2017 by a group of companies and individuals, we aim to become the leader in the green hydrogen and e-fuels market for mobility and industry, areas where it is currently proving difficult to significantly reduce emissions. Hy2gen AG already has a project pipeline for over 1.1 gigawatts of electrolyser capacity (74,000 tons of CO2-free hydrogen per year from renewable energies or, in other words, an annual saving of 810,000 tons of CO2 in comparison with the conventional production of hydrogen). As of today, no hydrogen producer has reached this scale.
Hy2gen has a unique blend of expertise in business development, marketing, technology and operations for hydrogen and renewable energy projects. We developed several green hydrogen projects which resulted in the establishment of Hy2gen Norge AS, Hy2gen Canada Inc. and Hy2gen France SAS.
The main objective of the Senior Business Development Manager is to support Hy2gen AG to generate new sales leads and contacts. The Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying prospective opportunities, developing customer relationships, implementing Hy2gen marketing plan to protect the company’s profitability.
Essential duties and responsibilities including the following. Other duties maybe assigned.
Your job as a business development manager is to identify sales leads, pitch goods or services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with business partners.
- Following up new business opportunities and establishing sufficient prospective opportunities to meet strategic business plan
- Planning and preparing presentations; Interacting with prospective clients
- Developing annual sales plan for input into the annual business plan
- Preparing marketing literature and working closely with the management and engineering teams.
- Providing management with feedback.
Education and experience
Education: BS in engineering, finance or economics, with proven technical/financial/commercial expertise. MBA is a plus.
Experience: 10 years minimum of professional experience preferably in business development within large industrial infrastructure projects, including in the area of renewable energy or the production of green hydrogen, bio-methanol or ammonia.
Competencies and skills
- Innovative entrepreneur
- Flexible attitude, creative and able to challenge the boundaries and to take the various internal and external parties
- Problem-solver, result-driven, positive-minded, combined with enormous enthusiasm and perseverance
- Good leadership skills that allow you to work through a project from A to Z with other teams and external stakeholders
- Interest in new technology. Strong strategic awareness and are able to integrate new technologies, solutions, concepts and ideas into tangible business opportunities
- Have a skill set in project management, that is, the administration of technical projects, planning and follow-up, budget management, contract management, purchasing etc.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams.
- Customer and solution oriented.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French and German is an asset.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality provision of strategic support and advice to Hy2gen AG management team
- Timely and quality delivery of the business development programme
- Regular interaction and establishment of joint activities and programmes with other teams
- Quality of inputs provided in formulation and implementation of new projects
- Quality and number of advocacy initiatives undertaken
All application must include a cover letter and curriculum vitae.