FAITES QUELQUE CHOSE DE GRAND
Project Manager (Engineer) Norway
Stavanger area (Norway), missions required
Flexible work options including remote work
|Application deadline:||15th July 2021|
|Type of Contract:||Permanent|
|Language required||English and Norwegian|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
Hy2gen Group business consists of the developing, building, owning and operating electrolyzer facilities for the production of green hydrogen and green hydrogen-based e-fuels such as methanol, jet-fuel and ammonia.
Being founded in 2017, Hy2gen is working toward the leading position in the green hydrogen market. Currently, Hy2gen’s project pipeline has reached 11 Gigawatts of electrolyzer capacity with the 6 main production plants located in Canada, France, Germany and Norway.
Hy2gen has a unique blend of expertise in business development, marketing, technology and operations in the renewable energy sector.
To support our development, we are looking for a project manager in charge of setting up our plants in Norway. The Project Manager will be part of the implementation team and will work alongside with the engineering and the country director to manage all project’s aspects.
A unique place to work
Hy2gen Group is a workplace like no other. It is at once a start-up, an expert network and a stage for growth. Hy2gen is where people pioneer new approaches and strategies, challenge old ways and learn new ones. It is entrepreneurial – a stimulating learning environment for our employees. Hy2gen employees are all eligible to a bonus plan, to directly profit from the success of their work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Activity and resource planning;
- Organizing and coordinate the project implementation;
- Controlling time management;
- Analyzing and managing project risks;
- Monitoring progress; and
- Continue professional development
- Strong experience presenting to investors and stakeholders (written, verbal and presentation), as well as demonstrated communication skills (both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management).
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork and innovation.
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts
- Experience in drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Experience in successfully leading projects to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding teams accountable for performance.
- Team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Support diverse and inclusive work environment.
Required skills and experience
- Master’s degree from relevant fields, e.g., finances, cost control, engineering, industrial economics
- Minimum 7 years of progressive professional work experience in electrochemistry and/or chemical engineering – related plant investments projects (engineering, commissioning, startup, operations).
- Hands-on experience in design, monitor and evaluation of development projects.
- 5+ years in project management.
- 5+ years of experience with full project lifecycle with understanding of development phases and various technology methodologies supporting that lifecycle.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective.
- Fluency in English and Norwegian both written and presentation skills.
- Professional proficiency in German is highly appreciated.
- Technical competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Projects and SmartSheet.
Key working relationships
- Position reports to: Director of Implementation (HQs) and Country Manager
- Works closely with: other departments and Country Manager.
Salary and benefits
According to profile and experience.
How to apply
Please apply directly online.
Send your application in English.
Do not apply by post.
All inquiries regarding the application process should be addressed to email@example.com.