DO SOMETHING GREAT
GROUP ACCOUNTING MANAGER
|Location:||Wiesbaden (Germany) / Flexible work options including remote work|
|Application deadline:||31. of October 2022|
|Type of Contract:||permanent|
|Language required:||English and German|
|Starting date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)||asap|
Hy2gen Group business consists of the developing, building, owning and operating electrolyzer facilities for the production of green hydrogen and green hydrogen-based e-fuels such as methanol, jet-fuel and ammonia. Being founded in 2017, Hy2gen is working toward the leading position in the green hydrogen market. Currently, Hy2gen’s project pipeline has reached 11 Gigawatts of electrolyzer capacity with the 6 main production plants located in Canada, France, Germany and Norway. Hy2gen has a unique blend of expertise in business development, marketing, technology and operations in the renewable energy sector.
We are looking for an accountant to support us making critical financial decisions by collecting, tracking, correcting and communicating the financial position of the company. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for the company.
A UNIQUE PLACE TO WORK
Hy2gen Group is a workplace like no other. It is at once a start-up, an expert network and a stage for growth. Hy2gen is where people pioneer new approaches and strategies, challenge old ways and learn new ones. It is entrepreneurial – a stimulating learning environment for our employees.
No matter where you sit in the organization, you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. Hy2gen employees are all eligible to a bonus plan, to directly profit from the success of their work.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – project directors, business developers, engineers, etc. – leading the change toward a more sustainable future. Join us and let’s get started!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing of current financial accounting and managing of all accounting transactions
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual closings and reports
- Reconciliation and account clarification of supplier, customer and general ledger accounts
- Planning and execute payment transactions in Germany, Norway, France and Canada
- Assist with the Financial Controller with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Participate in the preparation of short-term financial plans (liquidity planning)
- Support the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines
- Assist with and act as the primary point-of-contact for tax consultant and auditor requests in Germany, Canada, France, and Norway when required.
Required Skills / Abilities
- At least 10 years of experience in a preferably international company with at least EUR 100 million annual turnover.
- Education in Accounting or related field is required; International accounting licenses or certification (e.g. CPA, AIA) are highly desired
- Familiarity with Global ledger systems (e.g. payment integration) is a plus
- Ability to understand and follow complex directions, regulations, and laws, etc.
- Strong skill in analyzing accounting data and processes and ability to manage large amounts of data with close attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a wider team and with remote teams in the context of a fast-growing company.
Education and Exerience
- Master degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience in „medium voltage“ and „high voltage“ installations
- A first-level university degree in combination with additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Position reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- Works closely with: Financial Controller, other departments, country offices and projects.
Salary and benefits
According to profile and experience.
How to apply
Please apply directly online.
Send your application in English.
Do not apply by post.
All inquiries regarding the application process should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.